Purple dvd Coating

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

phatcat1876

I purchased X-Men series 90's animated and the Tranformers animated 80's series. They both came on dvds with a purple coating on the back.

My problem is that My PS2 will not play them at all and my laptop will only play Transformers and even then for about 30 minutes only. Is it the coating on the dvd or something else?

Thank you for your help.

What do mean "purple coating?" Is it some kind of translucent paint? Is it the color of store-bought, writable DVDs? Did someone sell you pirated discs? Is this coating sticky, like grape jelly or something?

phatcat1876

No, No sticky paint, I dont think they are pirated. I would say that it is the coating they were made with for dvd-rw discs.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The purple coating only appears on the "Blank" DVD's that I bought. ALL factory made software DVD's are clear that I have. It appears to me that you have some improperly made copies.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online