Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

purple skintones

2K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  ~Candy~ 
#1 ·
Help! My grandchildren have developed purple skin colours.... It makes no difference what program I use, what were once normal photographs now show 'purple people eaters'. My video card is MSI MS 8808 (Nvidia TNT2M64). Ideas please anyone

#3 ·
Thanks Eddie,
I went into the nvidea site.They appear to have only detonator xp,as is, with no tech support. I'm a little leery of that so I checked into my device mgr. The recommended driver update was the one I have. Thought maybe I should reinstall it but it's asking for a disc I don't have. Other drivers suggested were - Legend TNT2M64 32M display card; MS 8808; nvidia riva tnt2 model 64/model64 pro; nvidia riva tnt2 model 64[hp]. Any advice?:confused:

#4 ·
Hiya

My brain just shifted into gear. This purple tint that you get with her photo's: Is it happening with all photos and pictures or just her's?
What I mean is, when you're online, are the colours normal for, say, a photo?

Here is a photo. Is it purplish?

http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/spacecraft/apollo_rover.jpg

I know its not an actual photo, but its the nearest i can find.

Also, when you say other programs, which have you tried?

Regards

eddie

#5 ·
Yep, it is different shades of purple/mauve. The programs I use are; Irfan View,VCW VicMan's photo editor,PrintArtist and Microsoft photo editor,imaging & paint.
Would send a pic if I knew how to attach it here,so you can see for yourself

#6 ·
Okay

Can you check to see if you have managed to press any buttons on the monitor by mistake. I know it sounds easy but it may be the problem.
Also, try rebooting to DOS and tell me if its still the same. If it is, it could be pointing to bad RAM.
Is your entire screen in this purplish tint? And what about other things, say a new document in Word?

eddie

#7 ·
Also some of the web pages are almost unreadable because the font color has turned pale gold and the backround dark blue. This page has a white box for my text, but the rest of it is lilac [quite pretty actually] ;)

#11 ·
I thought you wrote 'reboot into DOS'. Anyway the DOS window comes up black with purple print.
Nothing happens on screen when I press the buttons. Possible that one of the kids did something. Will try booting into safe mode

#14 ·
Well, if the screen is still purple this could be bad RAM. The reason why, is that SafeMode uses VGA drivers, which are the standard graphics adapters.

As to the monitor, if we can get that working, that may be the reason. We need to rule that out first.

What you can tru out, whilst you can fiddle with the buttons, and if you can get one, is another monitor, that will rule out the RAM and video card if its clear.

Regards

eddie

#15 ·
I was over someones house and seen there monitor and all the colors were real bad but found out she only had 16 colors. I had to reload the video drives to fix it because she only had two to pick from (2 and 16 colors). Now she has from 16 to to true 32 bit colors.
She never even knew that it was bad till I said something and is so happy that things show up much better now. I said keep the grand kids off your PC after finding out that they are always clicking on everything.

#16 ·
You likely have a bad pin on the cable that connects your monitor to your video card or a part inside your monitor has gone bad. This is not a driver or software problem. I also seriously doubt it's the RAM. Turn off your computer and disconnect the monitor. Look at the cable. Do you see any bent pins? Try a different monitor.

#17 ·
Also am wondering if you go to your desktop properties display & click on settings * advance if you have a place where you can actually adjust the color. I did on my old computer & was able to pull a line in a curve as to lend to less intense blue.

The blue had gotten so bold I couldn't focus it in font til I did that.

Savvy :)

#19 ·
Did I ever say you was wrong? No... but you are so quick to tell me I am.

I was speaking about a workaround solution i used on my old PC

#20 ·
I was under the impression that you wanted to learn how to troubleshoot problems, SavvyLady. I'm trying to help you out. The problem here is not software or driver related because the display is also purple in DOS mode. The info you provided could be a temporary fix to alleviate possible eye-strain for cibyl55 until he/she gets a new monitor.

#21 ·
I do want to learn... But I don't believe this is my thread & I would appreciate it if you'd stop embarrassing me.

Enough is enough!!

Didn't anyone ever teach you humility... its definately not part of your psyche

#23 ·
Hey guys -calm down Be happy! All is well :D
Eddie -thanks a million for your time and help. Max 19 - thank you too. It was a bad monitor connection altho no apparent bent pins. We simply disconnected it, checked them,reconnected and booted up. I honestly didn't think it would be that simple. You guys are grreeatt!

;) :D :cool:

#24 ·
My own take :)

Max, I know you are here to help, but, I must agree with Savvy Lady.

If you were a Doctor, your bedside manner would suck.

I realize that people are matter of fact, and "only state the obvious" but, a little understanding and compassion would get you a long way at this site. People come here for help, and support, not for criticism and belittlement,I have noticed your destain for others, re-read your own post and view them as others would, I hope you see, what I mean. If not...I tried....Rhett PS... I ran spell check, and have a up-to-date Virus scan...hope your happy...:D

#26 ·
WHY DONT YOU JUST BUTT OUT BUDDY ??? savvy lady cannot learn very much from you judging by some of your solutions It obvious you are out to embarras her and savvy lady does alright without your comments too have a look round the site sometime and see.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.