1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pushing Data From Outlook 2003 to Excel 2003

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jiffle, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jiffle

jiffle Thread Starter

Hi there,
    I want to push specific data from a selected contact in Outlook 2003 to a predefined Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The scenario is that I want a naive user to enter data into a new contact in outlook be able to push a button and insert that data into a quotation that exists as a excel file. The data that I am interested in moving includes.

Title
    First name
    Last Name
    Company
    Address Fields
    Telephone Number

I have already created the spreadsheet based Quotation form in a file called Quote.xls. I have not named the individual cells at present just having the Name in Cell B1 The company in B2 and the address fields in B3 to B7.

I have done some macro and VBA programming in Excel, but have little or no experience in using Outlook macros.

Any help/suggestions/solutions gratefully received.

Regards

Michael

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Have you looked into turning on the smarttags within Excel. One of them will tie into Outlook's address book and pull back data. To access the options try "Tools">>"AutoCorrect Options">>"Smarttags" tab and check off the items that you want active. I do not recall if the Persona Name one will add the address information like it does in Word though.

You could also try the Data Push add-in here. I cannot download it and install it, but let me know if it helps you out.

3. jiffle

jiffle Thread Starter

Jim,
    thanks for this idea, I will investigate it further, however from an initial look this seems to be driven from Excel rather than from Outlook which is what I am trying to acheive.

once again thanks for your help.

Michael

4. lika2know

lika2know

There's an export to a file function in Outlook; that would get you part way there. Then when you open excel, it could look for the file????
    lika2know

5. jiffle

jiffle Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. I have used the export function in Outlook. However, I think that it creates a new file and puts the data in sequential cells starting say in A1. What I want to do is use an existing file and put the data in predefined non sequential files

6. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi, you're either going to need VB to create an Outlook add-in or use Excel or VBS to consolidate your Excel exported files. The VB route would be more difficult (IMHO). Let us know if you'd like to do the Excel route. If so, give us details as to where your files will be located, a sample of an exported file, and how you want your data consolidated (i.e. data structure, sheet to put on, where workbook will be held, etc).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice