Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pushing Data From Outlook 2003 to Excel 2003

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Zack Barresse 
#1 ·
Hi there,
I want to push specific data from a selected contact in Outlook 2003 to a predefined Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The scenario is that I want a naive user to enter data into a new contact in outlook be able to push a button and insert that data into a quotation that exists as a excel file. The data that I am interested in moving includes.

Title
First name
Last Name
Company
Address Fields
Telephone Number

I have already created the spreadsheet based Quotation form in a file called Quote.xls. I have not named the individual cells at present just having the Name in Cell B1 The company in B2 and the address fields in B3 to B7.

I have done some macro and VBA programming in Excel, but have little or no experience in using Outlook macros.

Any help/suggestions/solutions gratefully received.

Regards

Michael

See less See more
#2 ·
Have you looked into turning on the smarttags within Excel. One of them will tie into Outlook's address book and pull back data. To access the options try "Tools">>"AutoCorrect Options">>"Smarttags" tab and check off the items that you want active. I do not recall if the Persona Name one will add the address information like it does in Word though.

You could also try the Data Push add-in here. I cannot download it and install it, but let me know if it helps you out.

#5 ·
Thank you for your reply. I have used the export function in Outlook. However, I think that it creates a new file and puts the data in sequential cells starting say in A1. What I want to do is use an existing file and put the data in predefined non sequential files

#6 ·
Hi, you're either going to need VB to create an Outlook add-in or use Excel or VBS to consolidate your Excel exported files. The VB route would be more difficult (IMHO). Let us know if you'd like to do the Excel route. If so, give us details as to where your files will be located, a sample of an exported file, and how you want your data consolidated (i.e. data structure, sheet to put on, where workbook will be held, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.