1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Put HD on standby

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flyboy320, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyboy320

flyboy320 Thread Starter

I am running a computer in dos mode (booted from a floppy) and would like to know if there is a way to put the HD in a standby mode say after 5 min of inactivity? The computer is running 24/7/365 (in dos) and never uses the hard drive. I don't want to take the HD out since occasionally I will re boot into windows from the HD to do certain troubleshooting, but the vast majority of the time its running from the floppy so I would like to get the HD to go into standby mode so it won't ware out. Is there a place I can go in the setup mode to do this?

Thanks......

2. Rockn

Rockn

You might want to check your power management settings in the BIOS. I have never heard of any utilities that will put a drive to sleep in DOS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61632

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice