1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Put picture in signature

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DKTaber, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

I'm looking for a way to include a picture in my signature on e-mails sent from Outlook (not Outlook Express). Would also like to make the picture a hyperlink. Is there any way to do this?

2. kniht

kniht

3. DKTaber

DKTaber Thread Starter

Thanks, kniht. This was actually for the Exec. Director of a non-profit for which I do some volunteer computer work. My e-mail client is OE, so couldn't try it without changing my client to Outlook, but the foundation uses Outlook (and, BTW, Office 2003, which is what the article was written for). Will follow up on how we do.

P.S. I actually tried doing essentially this with OE (before seeing the MS article) and when I tried to put the signature into an e-mail, got an error message that the file was "too big", to "please make it smaller", and the picture was gone (only had the picture holder, no picture). I created the file in Word by inserting a picture and writing in some Lucida Calligraphy text around it, and saved it as a .htm file. The file is only 4KB and I don't know how to make it smaller than that. This leads me to believe that OE will not tolerate ANY signature file that's more than a few lines of text. Is that right?

4. kniht

kniht

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

But please be aware that most businesses (at least the many I deal with) nowadays strip out HTML to plain text for security reasons, so the picture may never be seen...

6. kniht

kniht

This is true. I myself have both incoming and outgoing mail set to plain text.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice