1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Putting a picture of revolving doors on a building?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sharky, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

i have an internet picture of a building and an internet picture of revolving doors. I want to place the picture of the revolving doors on the building.

I have done the simple things like resizing pictures,changing the contrast,etc.,of pictures. How do i do the above? It would probably take a long time typing every detail so if you can just
    tell me the simple words i should be looking for when i am using photo software, i probably can fiqure it out.

thanks ahead of time.

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If you want it to look seemless you would really need to use something like PhotoShop or Paintshop pro to make it look realistic.

You might be able to do it with Paint.NET

3. sharky

sharky Thread Starter

what specific word(s) am i looking for in photo software? i know what copy, paste means and what they do.

4. buck52

buck52 Banned

5. Knotbored

Knotbored

I think maybe you overlooked the obvious. Choose the tool that looks like a dotted rectangle from the door picture. Mouse over the part of door you want to copy.Choose one corner then scroll to opposite corner with left mouse button held down.EDIT/COPY.
    Place the building picture on screen. EDIT/PASTE and the door will pop onto the upper left screen. Place the HAND symbol onto that image and pull it onto the building front. DONE

Note-do this to a copy of picture, not to original-you might want to try various versions.
    Note-Control key/C is also copy command, CTL/V is paste command

6. slipe

slipe

The main words you want to look up are:

Select or Selection(s) You select things so you can cut them out, move them, apply corrections just to that part etc. A good image editor has many selection tools. You probably have a chance in ten of a regular door or window being a perfect rectangle and your chances would be much lower of getting what you want of the front of a revolving door within a rectangle. There are lassos, magnetic lassos, magic wands, color selections etc. Tutorials on selections would probably include Masks but you might want to look that up as well. There are lots of tools for cutting out the door – or “selecting” it in graphics terms.

Transform Once you select the door and drag it into the other building it probably isn’t going to fit perfectly. Not only will the size probably not be exact but the perspective might be a little different. The transform tool handles all that.

Clone Copies parts of an image to other parts. So you could move the sidewalk up into the revolving doors or the building into the frame.

Feather Softens the edge so it fits in better in some images without showing a sharp edge. I find the “Smudge” tool with a small brush also helps merge two images.

If your image editor doesn’t handle Layers you are in for a frustrating time. The biggest difference between a viewer or organizer that does minor manipulations to the image and an image editor is the ability to work in layers. If it won’t work with layers it isn’t an image editor and you need an image editing program to do the job.

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Here's some software that'll do it ... http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopelwin/
    It's almost as powerful as Photoshop CS .. but at about 1/10th the price.

The 30 free trial might get you started.
    It works the same way as Photoshop (in Slipe's language) ... So, many of us will be able to help you.

8. buck52

buck52 Banned

To bad the original poster seems reluctent to say what software he/she has to work with... I'm guessing a stubborn macho he... ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/522662

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice