Putting an IFERROR function into a VLOOKUP function in Excel

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

penninj6

I am a college student who is working on an assignment for one of my classes and I am having an issue with the problem. I am trying to put an IFERROR function into a VLOOKUP function problem, but it just gave me an error. This is what my assignment's instruction document says on how to do it:
Lael wants a quick way to look up students by their Student ID.
In cell Q3, nest the existing VLOOKUP function in an IFERROR function. If the VLOOKUP function returns an error result, the text Invalid Student ID should display.

Couriant

James
OK, I apologise. I misread your post and in agreeance with other moderators, the function that you are having issues with is the homework, and as such we do not assist with this:

And as such, I am closing this thread. Thank you for understanding.

• It is our policy not to assist members with homework-related questions. While the Internet is indeed a great resource for helping students with their assignments, we feel that an important part of the learning process involves putting in the effort required to do the research needed to find the solution. Providing students with the answers does nothing to help them actually understand the assignment or develop valuable problem-solving skills.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online