1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Putting music on my harddrive?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by xico, Jan 22, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

Could someone tell me how to go about putting music on my harddrive? I have a Pavarotti CD, and I burned a copy for myself; and then, lo, there it was in my Joliet files. Joliet files? Strange. How did this happen? How did I do it? I'd like to make it happen again.

2. caliansa

caliansa

Most CD-burning software can extract the audio from a disk. Each track will be saved as a separate .wav-file. You don't mention which software you are using - have a look though the menus for an option labelled 'extract audio', 'save tracks' etc.

Kate

3. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

I use the free RealOne software to copy songs to my HD.
    :D

4. xico

xico Thread Starter

Excuse the delay, Kathy & Lanmaster,
    My phone line was down for 2 whole days. Verizon was working on a huge switchboard a good four blocks from my home. Anyway, s'cuse the delay. The issue is important to me. I'm using Music Match Jukebox, and I've got Nero as the basic CD burner. I will try your suggestions and maybe switch to Real One. My email address is [email protected]--and thank you for the assistance. It is greatly appreciated. Every time I come here I hear Louis Armstrong singing "What A Wonderful Site"! :D Thanks again, Xico

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I wouldnt switch to realone if I were you. It connects to the internet when you dont want, may contain spyware, has ads everywhere, and sucks resources.
    With Nero and MusicMatch you can do everything you need.

6. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Realone DOES try to attach to the internet, but that can be disabled. (took me forever to do it, though) Also disabled the ads.
    I like it because of the ease of use, and the quality settings.
    But I will have to check out Nero and MusicMatch.

Thanks Bren.

LAN
    :D

7. Fyzbo

Fyzbo

I use both musicmatch jukebox and Nero and think they are the best programs you can get. Not only is Musicmatch extremely easy to use, but it has the best encoding quality when going from cd to MP3(got that from techTV). If you want to record to MP3 you just hit the little red button for record. As far as burning goes Nero is great in that it supports most formats and drives, I went from easy cd creator what a difference. I also use Stomp, but only to burn data DVDs.

8. xico

xico Thread Starter

Thank you Bren, Lan and Fyzbo. I used Real One before I got Bren's message, and got my music on my harddrive, but I will be cautious about using it, quite cautious. Fyzbo, is there any suggestions on getting MusicMatch Juke to copy music to my hard drive? Because that was the problem.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114732

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice