Putting Photos and Text into a Video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CyTech

My parents 43rd anniversary is coming up in a couple of months and I'd like to create a special video for them, using recent family videos, combined with pictures and text.
My question: Does anyone know of a program that will allow me to superimpose pictures and text onto a video, while the video continues to play. As the video plays I'd like to put on a message about what is playing, put a picture up in the corner, and various other effects.
I have Photoshop 5, PowerPoint, and Windows Movie Maker but have been unable to determine if these programs will do this. Using Google has not been able to help, so I'm starting to wonder if any such program exists.
Thanks to everyone who's able to respond.:)

WindowsMovie maker (comes with XP) will allow you to insert stills, do basic titling etc. If you want to step up a level, look at the Sony Vegas Movie.

CyTech

Thanks for getting back to me. You're right about Movie Maker allowing me to insert text. I guess I didn't look hard enough, or I wasn't searching in the right place.
However, I still can't figure out how to insert the pics in a moving and paused video. From what I can gather, Movie Maker will allow me to make stills of the video itself; but if it's possible, I'm not seeing how to take a photo from a separate source, and install it within the video. Sony Vegas looks promising, but way to rich for my blood. Hopefully someone who has done this can suggest something, or point me in the right direction.

Oh its very easy---File/Import into Collections/Just browse to your jpegs or pngs and bring em in to moviemaker. Then all you need to do is pop them on the time line. You can even do the Burns effect by selecting Tools/Video Effecfs/Ease Out or Ease In.

This is really a basic editor--you would be amazed what you can do with a 100 dollar investment.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts