Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Putty crashes when loading xterm on Win7Pro64

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Cletarsus 
#1 ·
Howdy y'all. I realize this is a bit of a nebulous question... I'm not doing it on purpose it's just that I don't have a lot to go on. Here's the deal: I have a machine(Dell precision T3500) with Win7Pro64 on it. I have both Xming and Exceed loaded on the machine. When I try to open an xterm (while connecting to either a 32 or 64 bit linux machine) sometimes it will work ok and sometimes it wont'. Actually it doesn't work most of the time. I can open a few xterms and some will work and some will be frozen. Sometimes it freezes the login window. But the fact that it happens while connecting to different linux machines and using different emulators (Xming and Exceed) makes me think it's a Win7/Putty problem. Sometimes I can just go get a cup of coffee and when I come back the xterm is frozen. I get a worthless error message that says something like "a problem casued the program to stop working properly" and another message that says "SSH, Telenet and Rlogin client has stopped working". I have no idea how to troubleshoot this. If anyone has come across this or has any ideas I should would be glad to hear them. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.