1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

putty question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tovladi, Dec 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tovladi

tovladi Thread Starter

hi guys i have some questions concerning putty

1. I have a modem of CX930xx type. When i do: at+vsl=? the result does not contain either 14 nor 15 labels. Does it imply that this modem has no option to provide headset i/o? To have one I need another modem?
    2. I set vls label to one of existing options like internal or external audio and then dial atd <somenumber>. When the call is answered, I have no sound. I mean i hear nothing what is said on the other side of the connection. What s I'm doing wrong?

Will be very pleased to get some guidance on this topic, for never worked with putty earlier.
    By the way, tried it both from linux and windows - the same problem....
    Thanks in advance.:)

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

What does Putty have to do with this. This isn't a Putty specific question.

3. tovladi

tovladi Thread Starter

Maybe you are right.
    I thought that because i am new to putty I do not use it correctly. Say, cannot find the right options or command to cause the system do what I need. This is the main reason why I opened a putty thread.
    Frankly speaking I have failed to identify exactly the problem and still have mere suggestions.
    Could you give me a hint, what to do?
    The task for a while is to be able to communicate with the phone using a headset.
    Thanks indeed!:eek:

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I have no idea what you are trying to do so I doubt I can help you solve your problem.

5. tovladi

tovladi Thread Starter

the problem is solved.
    in general, worked on AT Commands and was writing a program in C managing phone calls and providing an alternative devices, incl. an ordinary headset.
    anyway thanks a lot.(y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031415

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice