1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PVR (Typhoon TV) is messing up my channels!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by principessa, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. principessa

principessa Thread Starter

hi! i just got a pvr device to watch tv on my computer, called typhoon tv - when i first tried to change the channels, most of them were black... then i stumbled on the "full scan" feature, and after i ran that, i can see all the channels - problem is, they are not in the right order AT ALL ...plus, what was ABC, is now a continual advertisement about Dvr from my cable company................ have i done something wrong or illegal that i didn't know about, to prompt the cable company to put that on there? and, is it normal for a pvr to mess up the channel lineup like that? i tried deleting some of the extra channels that were throwing off the others, but then the others change too (?? it's weird) and i've had to redo the full scan (a process that takes HOURS) several times already!

2. biosboss

biosboss

signal you want is NTSC USA CABLE or equivalent
    if you don't want any thing you didn't order, screem at the cable company. that sometimes helps.

3. winbob

winbob

It's been quite a while since we used "Cable", we have been on Satellite for many years. As I remember the cable set up tho, if you used their "BOX" you got the correct number scheme and order, BUT if you plugged the cable directly into a cable ready TV (or tuner), you got a much different channel layout.

So, my question to you is, does the PVR have a built-in cable tuner box, or not. If not, are you using an external BOX???

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!