pw protecting word doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

prabhudr

How do I password protect any document I wrote in Win-xp Home - MS Word? I did this to a document some time back after reading it somewhere,but I forgot it now.

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
Well, you could always open up Microsoft Word. Click on Help > Microsoft Word Help > Click on the Index tab and type Password in the keyword box. Then click on Password Protection in the keywords box.

Or I could just copy and paste that info here. Dont be afraid to use the help system that is built into the application. You will probably find most of your answers there. Windows help is very good most of the time.

Code:
Require a password to open a document
When you create a password, write it down and keep it in a secure place. 
If you lose the password, you cannot open or gain access to the password-protected document.
 Learn about using passwords. 

Open the document.

On the File menu, click Save As.

On the Tools menu in the Save As dialog box, click General Options.

In the Password to open box, type a password, and then click OK.

In the Reenter password to open box, type the password again, and then click OK.

Click Save.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online