PXE-e61 / i386 error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

juicemn1967

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I GO OUT MY MIND. :confused:

I have a Gateway laptop and it will not boot and I get PXE-E error or Operating system can not be found . Then I tried to
put in the recovery disk and then BAMM , this sweet little message comes up? file\i386\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded , error code 12544.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Go into system BIOS make sure the system is set to boot from the hard drive. While you are there check and see if your hard drive is recognized as being present.

juicemn1967

In the startup menue the hard drive is first. I also see the hard drive as functioning properly. I was in the f2 set up menue when I did this ? just making sure I did it right.

Sounds like you did things right. Let's do something simple first. Try cleaning the CD. The fact that it wasn't booting to begin with is worrisome however.

juicemn1967

cleaned disk and puin eye cleaner, no luck. now it just goes to a curser blinking in the top left corner?

With a desktop I would next suggest downloading various programs to check the hard drive and RAM. Does this laptop have a floppy?

juicemn1967

I have a larger hard drive for this laptop . tried to put it in . No luck
The recovery disc stop at the same spot ! I thought maybee the hard drive was bad ???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online