PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable No bootable device -- insert boot disk...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MuddyGirl05

Gateway NV53A52u

PXE-E61: Media Test Failure, check cable No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

I am not hardware savvy...

I have checked all connections, and they all seem good

I have tried removing my hard drive and reinstalling it

I have tried using my boot disk
It loads windows files, I choose English and press ok, but the only option that I can choose is exit on the restore menu, the other 2 choices are greyed out and cannot be selected

I have tried booting from the CD/DVD ROM drive

I have tried booting from my backup USB device

And I have also put in a new hard drive

None of these options have gotten me anywhere...

Can anyone help? (BTW, please speak in computer dummy language because I am not familiar with all of the computer lingo and abbreviations, lol)

dustyjay

Jay
The PXE-61 Media failure frequently that the hard drive has died or has otherwise become unreadable. You would still receive this failure by installing another drive without changing the boot order to install an operating system. This can also be caused by a failure of the Disk Controller or even a bad data cable.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online