Pxe-e61:media test failure, check cable

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sportsfan0678

Hello everyone

i hope someone is able to help me out with this. I have a Dell 3521 and I changed the motherboard and when I started the computer, i got the
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F : EXITING PXE ROM
NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND. PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT.

I press any key and the dell logo pops up and then it goes back to the same message. I bought a new hard drive and it tells me the same thing. I just bought the computer about 6 months ago and it has windows 8. I already tried installing the windows 8 cd but it doesnt let me boot it. Please help.

rgds

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I have a Dell 3521 and I changed the motherboard and when I started the computer, i got the
PXE-E61: MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
PXE-M0F : EXITING PXE ROM
NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND. PRESS ANY KEY TO REBOOT.

I press any key and the dell logo pops up and then it goes back to the same message. I bought a new hard drive and it tells me the same thing. I just bought the computer about 6 months ago and it has windows 8. I already tried installing the windows 8 cd but it doesnt let me boot it.
I'm guessing you actually have a Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) 15.6" laptop.

What's the "service tag" number and/or "express service code" number on it?

That model laptop originally comes with Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.

Where did you buy it from?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online