1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pxe-e61 Media Test Failure / Pxe-mof Exiting Intel Pxe Rom

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by SPARKLESNY, Mar 8, 2008.

?

MY LAPTOP CRASHED SHOULD.......

Poll closed Mar 10, 2008.
  1. BUY ANOTHER

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PAY TO HAVE IT FIXED

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SPARKLESNY

SPARKLESNY Thread Starter

I HAVE A IBM THINKPAD WITH OPERATING SYSTEM WIN XP. ONE MINUTE MY PICTURE SCREEN SAVER WAS SCROLLING THE NEXT I WAS GETTING A MESSAGE STATING:
    PXE- E61 MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE
    PXE- MOF EXITING INTEL PXE ROM
    OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN AND HOW CAN I FIX IT?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It sounds like your BIOS settings changed somehow. ThinkPad usually does not have a BIOS that can be accessed outside Windows, but it looks like your machine is trying to boot from the network.

Do you have any BIOS access? Try disconnecting the LAN.

3. SPARKLESNY

SPARKLESNY Thread Starter

The Only Thing I Can Do Is Press F1 Or F12. Both F1 And F12 Gets Me To Bio Options. I Looked Through Both Options To See If I Could Start In Safe Mode But Couldn't Find It Anywhere. I Didnt Change Anything. How Do I Disconnect The Lan?

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Sounds like the hard drive is either moved out of the connector from the IDE cable or the hard drive has bitten the dust. I hope you had the data backed up from this hard drive if not then that more than likely is lost also.

5. Broni

Broni

Go back to BIOS. Make sure, that the boot order reads: floppy, CD, HD
    Disable Boot from Network (wording is different on every machine, may say Integrated NIC, Network, PXE-xxxxxxx)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!