1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pyro 5 will not burn cd's.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by barjo4, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I recently purchased Pyro 5 and installed it one of our PC's, an HP with Windows XP. I can edit mp3's and WAV files, but when I enter the burn sequence, nothing happens. I can burn the same files just fine with Nero6 on the same PC. I installed the Pyro 5 software on the other PC, a Dell with XP and it burns normally. I sent an email to support at Cakewalk and have yet to hear from them.
    Thanks, John

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Having more than one burning application on the same machine can lead to conflicts. Does the second machine also have Nero? Any other apps that load CD-ROM drivers?

3. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

Thanks. Yes, both desk tops have Nero 6. When I was using Pyro 2004, it worked fine with both pc's.
    Those are the only two software that I use to burn CD's.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

In that case, I have no idea what to tell you. You could try reinstalling in Safe Mode (unless it uses Windows Installer, in which case it won't work), or try installing with all other programs closed.

5. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

Just out of curiosity, I left Pyro 5 in the computer and then re installed Pyro 2004. I was able to perfectly burn an mp3 with Pyro 2004, but I still cannot with Pyro 5.
    John

6. barjo4

barjo4 Thread Starter

I received an email from Cakewalk tech support and they suggested that I wait for the prompt to put in a blank cd before I attempt to burn the files. I did this and I got Pyro5 to burn the cd. If I put in the blank first, it will not burn, unlike the other PC with Pyro5.
    John

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!