1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Python for AAA games

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by PEP, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PEP

PEP Banned Thread Starter

Hi, i just started my csc 102 course in college and it was supposed to be C++. Instead of that, we're going to be learning python which was never done before according to the professor. His explanation was that we could learn more of python in one introductory semester course than c++. I agree with his reasoning, but i'm still somewhat saddened since i always saw c++ as a kind of king in programming and was hoping for the course to give me a better push into the language that i could achieve by learning myself, since every time i start to learn alone, after a while i start playing games and don't come back to it. I was wondering if python could be used to make high quality game engines that don't lack in performance to c++ game engines from which( as far as i know) all the great engines come from such as the Unreal Tournament Engine and the Crysis Engine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/898471

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice