1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Python package failure

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Aquarian, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Aquarian

Aquarian Thread Starter

Hello. I've tried repeatedly to install geofinder through pip3 in the command prompt. I can get Python 3.8 installed successfully. When I run the command "pip3 install geofinder --upgrade" cmd tells me it is successfully installed but it is no where to be found, except when I installed python straight onto C instead of into Program Files or my user account. I made sure Comodo trusted Python but turned it off during my last attempt, then checked the windows event logs. I can see each step of the python install but nothing regarding geofinder. A search of the hard drive comes up empty too. So, even though cmd tells me it is installing, windows doesn't see or recognize it. I made sure to set the path to Python and it's Scripts folders in user environment variables too. I carried everything out with admin privileges. The geofinder. exe should be in ...Phython38\Scripts, Unidecode and Phonetics folders should be in ...Phython38\Lib\site-packages. They were when I installed Phython at C:\ and I could run geofinder. The problem was it wouldn't carry out what it needed to do. I know of one person that successfully carried this out in Windows 10 64 bit Program Files and followed his steps exactly, but failed. Any ideas where my problem may lie?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160T CPU @ 3.10GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8117 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 910 GB (832 GB Free); D: 18 GB (2 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 2B43
    Antivirus: COMODO Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235121

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice