1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Q about IP addresses and overseas access

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 1970Cuda, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1970Cuda

1970Cuda Thread Starter

I have a blog that I have StatCounter installed on. There is one person who harasses me and I've been logging his hits on my blog. If you're not familiar with StatCounter, it lists Date, Time, System, Location, Web Host, and IP address of everyone without a blocker who views the account. This dude looks at my blog about 50-100 times a day and I log each view. His info shows he uses Cox Communications, his city of residence, and the IP address he uses. When he uses his iPhone, it lists the iPhone as the OS and Cox as the web host. (which I don't understand if he's using a phone!!)

My question is this: he is claiming he is getting ready to go overseas for a few months. When he is away and looks at the blog, will it still say Cox Communications? Will it still list his city of residence and same IP address? And when he logs on from his phone, will it still have the same info? What will it look like from overseas if he views my blog? I want to make sure to keep my records up to date if he's viewing from his house but claiming to be overseas.

I really hope this made sense, if not I can clarify. Thanks, Chuck

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    He may be connecting through his home internet access using Wi-Fi rather than his iPhone service from AT&T or Verizon or whoever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!