1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Q3 can't access the master server(s)

Discussion in 'Games' started by asbo, Jan 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asbo

asbo Thread Starter

I'm running Q3:A with the point release 1.31 (1.32 froze Q after the first time I played) and no matter what I do, cannot use the Internet to mass-murder. My buddy and I are attempting to direct connect via IP addies (retreived using the little readout at http://www.network-tools.com), but still to no avail. Has anyone else come across this problem? Something else to add is that, using the IPs from the address above, I can't even ping him, or vice versa. I've collected the basic stats about our computers; Let me know if you need more.

His:
    - XP Home
    - DSL (routered)
    - Q3A v1.32 (I've noticed this, and I am going to have him downgrade for the time being, but when we both had 1.32, it still didn't work)

Mine:
    - WinME
    - 1 Way DPC satellite
    - P2P networked on a home LAN
    - Q3A 1.31

Thanks,
    asbo

2. Alanspatz

Alanspatz

Now, I have had problems with ME finding other computers using the IP address only. XP, for some reason, can't see computers running ME. My advice would be to upgrade to XP or 98SE. That is my only advice to you..

aj

3. asbo

asbo Thread Starter

Heya,

I forgot to update this thread; I posted on a Q3A oriented forum (www.quake3world.com) and I have come to the conclusion that there is no hope until I can get broadband, which won't be anytime soon, seeing as I live out in the boonies, and have resorted to a high-latency satellite connection. Oh well :(

Thanks,
    asbo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice