Q6600 or E 8400?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johntech2

for my next built, Quad 6600 or Duo E 8400?anyone has something to say about those 2? or pay an extra $150 for the new Q9450! I'm not a gamer.just video editing, shrink dvd, photoshop...thank's

Go for the quad, video/image editing software will benefit from the extra cores. Today's games benefit from extra Mhz since they can't fully utilize more than 2 cores but for your purposes and general multitasking a quad core will be great. :)

johntech2

Mosquito555, yes I think with the Q6600 I will be fine for a year or 2. though I could wait until it drop under $200...thanks

Funny I have 3 desktops and one is the 6600 Quad and then I just built the E 8400 and frankly I think the 8400 is more responsive if I had to choose.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online