1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Q6600 price

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jvnderwe, Jul 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jvnderwe

jvnderwe Thread Starter

Like many people I had been waiting for Intel's July 22 price cuts before buying this CPU for my new computer. However, though the price was cut to $266 USD by Intel, most retailers are still selling the CPU for much more than this because of the very high demand. In some cases the price has gone back up after the initial price cut. Newegg, for example, lowered the price to $299 USD but has now raised it to $375 USD. My local computer shop is selling it for $328 CDN and I've seen it online for around $300 CDN.

I've heard something similar has occurred with other parts in the past and I'm wondering if anybody can accurately predict what might happen to the price of this CPU in the near future. Do you think it will come down near the $266 mark within a few days, or do you think it will hold at this price for months, or maybe even rise because of the huge demand? I'm anxiously waiting to get a new computer and at $300-330 the Q6600 still fits into my budget, but if it is a matter of waiting a couple days to save $30-50 then I could stand to wait. Thoughts?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/600181

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice