1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Q6600 stock cooler...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dynamix, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dynamix

Dynamix Thread Starter

Guys, I'm about to purchase my new system components which i have spent months shopping around for.

I don't really ever plan on overclocking to be honest and would like a professional opinion on whether the stock CPU cooler that comes with the 95W GO stepping Q6600 processor would suffice for my mostly internet / desktop publishing activities?

And is the stock cooler noisy?

2. Jones

Jones

Stock coolers are quite sufficient for basic use. They tend to be quieter because they use slower fans.

I would think that you should be more than fine using the stock cooler.

3. win2kpro

win2kpro

4. Dynamix

Dynamix Thread Starter

5. Jones

Jones

I actually built a computer for someone using that exact case. It has good ventilation, especially if you put one 120mm fan on the front for intake, and one on the back for exhaust. If you're not going to overclock, then the stock cooler will work just fine with that setup. You won't have any heat issues.

6. Dynamix

Dynamix Thread Starter

Thanks Jones.

On a side-note - what do you think of my proposed setup?

7. Jackiefrost9

Jackiefrost9

While more fans never hurt, the centurion 5 already has two fans. 120mm in the back and 80mm in the front. I have also used that case once and I liked it a lot.

And, from what you listed as your setup, I think it will be a pretty good build.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694553

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice