Q9450/X38 Maximus Formula OC Opinion

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Abel1337

I'm currently trying to overclock my Intel Q9450 (stock 2.66 GHz) to 3.0 GHz, wondering if these numbers look ok:

CPU:
FSB: 375 Mhz
Multiplier: 8x
Final Clock: 3000 MHz
Voltage: 1.3V

Idle Temp: 46~50 C
Load Temp: 55-65 C
HSF: Zalman CNPS 9700

Motherboard (Asus Maximus Formula):
Northbridge: 1.35V
Temp: 52 C

RAM (OCZ Platinum DDR2 800Mhz PC6400 Revision 2):
Timings: 4-4-4-15 CL2 T2
Frequency: 901 MHz

Idle/Load Temp: Unknown
Cooling: Heatspreader + OCZ XTC RAM Cooler with 2x 60mm Fans

Chasis:

Antec P180B with 4x 120mm Fan (2 intake, 2 exhaust) in upper chamber, 1x 120mm fan in lower chamber.

PSU: Antec TPQ 850W Modular

Any opinions on these numbers? especially the temperature and voltages. I have some experience overclocking my E6600, but I don't know the stock voltages on the NB, or what the normal operating temps for the Q9450 is. TIA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online