1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Qestion? help

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ipatriot, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a qestion about internet wireing up i hav a 56k modem(hmmm) and im think about optimizing my home setup to give me best speed posibble. At the moment i hav a wire from the main line box into another room and then from that room into my room then into my modem then it goes on to over rooms. but if it went straight into my room then to the over rooms would this speed my connection up because it doesnt go into so many boxes??????

Or am i just dreaming!!

cheers ipatriot

2. yellow_grrl

yellow_grrl

do you have a hardware 56k modem? or onboard?
    if its onboard, there should be no need to use so many lines, just directly connect from the jack to the back of your computer.
    either way, just connect directly to the modem.
    and really, not much can be done to improve a 56k connection..

3. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

no its external they seem to be faster and know u cant do much but evey little HELPS!!!!

4. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

u see if hav no alternitive.

5. yellow_grrl

yellow_grrl

you cood always upgrade to dsl or cable? if available.. other than that.. there isnt much i kno of that can help ya out here. sorry

6. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

Hmm they dont hav it in my area but thanks for the help anyway.

7. yellow_grrl

yellow_grrl

8. ipatriot

ipatriot Thread Starter

yeah thanks although its not the answer im after but its still very helpfull so thanks for asking ur friend.

i have tryed puting the cable straight into my modem from the main point and it does speed up my connection it get 48.000 instead of the normal 45.5 so maybe ill hav to wire it all up a different way.

cheers ipatriot

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice