1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Qperf.dll is crashing IIS 4.0 on NT

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jmeehan, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmeehan

jmeehan Thread Starter

We are running a web server on a Windows NT Server. Lately, the QPerf.dll has been crashing the IIS services.

Here are the errors from the event viewer when this happens:

The Open Procedure for service "ISAPISearch" in DLL "QPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

The Open Procedure for service "ContentIndex" in DLL "QPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

The Open Procedure for service "ContentFilter" in DLL "QPerf.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0.

Here is the error from Dr. Watson:

Application exception occurred:
    App: exe\inetinfo.dbg (pid=448)
    When: 4/15/2004 @ 4:27:6.968
    Exception number: c0000005 (access violation)

I know the Qperf.dll has something to do with the performance monitor. I just have not found a fixed for it.

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. jmeehan

jmeehan Thread Starter

3. jmeehan

jmeehan Thread Starter

Okay I removed Microsoft Index Server completely, but IIS continues to fail. Only this time I am not receiving the QPerf.dll errors messages in the Event Viewer.

Is there are way to run System File Checker in Windows NT?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220647

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice