1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QT Creator and Bazaar Version Control Commit Error..

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by doctorzeus, Jun 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doctorzeus

doctorzeus Thread Starter

Hello,

I'm new to version control and have been trying to setup a repo using Bazaar and the QT Creator IDE..

All the programmers are going to be on the Windows 7 OS, with the main repo being stored on a linux-hosted network shared drive.

Let me walk you through what I have done so far in case I am doing something incredibly stupid to cause this error :p :

1. Created a plain C++ project in QT, added "bazaar" to the version control from the drop-down list..

2. I then went Tools->Bazaar->Create Repo and selected the network drive where it creates the repo without any issues. My intention is this is going to be the main branch repo from which the other programmers on the network can access and checkout the project.

3. I then go Tools->Bazaar->add "main.c" to add my main class to the repo..

4. I then go Tools->Bazaar->Commit and after entering something in the descryption field I press "commit"..

I then however get the error "Cannot write file C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\qtcreator-bzr-ER2620.msg. Disk full?".

My two questions are A: Am I actually going about setting up version control correctly and B: how would I go about fixing this error?

Many Thanks

DoctorZeus

2. doctorzeus

BUMP

Anyone?

3. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

I think the use of "C:" rather than "http:" is scaring people off :eek:

You'd probably get a bit more response on the Software Development boards, us Web Devs get a bit skittish when confronted with C++ ;)

Danny

4. doctorzeus

Ok thanks, will re-post

DoctorZeus

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057325