1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved QtWebEngineProcess.exe - System Error

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by effingpot, Jul 31, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. effingpot

effingpot Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Hi chaps,
    Just got back from 3 weeks away and after using my W10 PC for one day it's doing this (see screenshot below) whenever I startup. Not sure what changed but some updates did happen automatically.
    I've done all the actions listed here and attempted a DISM scan but it's throwing up errors too.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Mike

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  2. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Have you used the "sfc<space>/scannow" command?(Note the <space>, replace <space> with an actual space)

Next if that doesn't work:
    1. Press "Windows+R" keys, and type control panel then hit enter
    2. In the top right search bar, search for "programs"
    3. Click on "Add or Remove Programs"
    4. Click once on every C++ Redistributable(with a grey computer icon), and click "Change"(on the top by organize and uninstall)
    5. Next click repair, if it asks for permissions click yes
    6. Be patient and wait for it to repair, when it is done close out and restart your computer
    If that doesn't work, stop all programs, and go here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145
    Download that, it will ask for permissions allow persmissions, let it download and then restart computer, see if that helps

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  3. effingpot

effingpot Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    Thanks but yes I did all those in the previous list of things to try, in my first post.
    Tried them all again just for fun but no effect.
    Weird one.
    Rgds
    Mike

4. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    Have you tried to restore image? If nothing works you may have to try a complete reinstall of the OS. That is all I know, maybe someone else will provide you with a solution.

Also if you do a reinstall, it deletes everything on your computer. So make sure you have everything backed up, or how you need it.

5. effingpot

effingpot Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    No I have not as it seems like there must be a less intrusive fix, but I'm surprised nothing on that list has worked so far :-(

6. effingpot

effingpot Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    New news but not sure how much it helps - I looked at the installed progs and saw Dashlane and CCleaner had updated the day the prob started.
    I uninstalled both and the problem went away.
    On reinstalling dashlane it's come back.
    I suppose that does not mean dashlane is the prob, more that it's calling the missing or corrupt .dll files?
    Any thoughts?
    thanks
    Mike

7. AmateurJohn

AmateurJohn

First Name:
    AmateurJohn
    You uninstalled both programs and it went away, and then reinstalled Dashlane and the problem has reoccurred? Sounds like Dashlane is causing some kind of problem...I might be wrong though. Maybe look into something similar to Dashlane, and use that if it is causing problems.

8. effingpot

effingpot Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    If anyone was following this - the problem went away as mysteriously as it started. Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling the apps I didn't do anything else.
    The problem continued for 24 hours after resinstalling then just stopped!

9. jenae

jenae

Hi, just a comment , since Vista days and the slow deprecation of cmd.exe (and dos) versions of windows have included a modified version of command.com (the cmd interpreter) you now have internal and external cmd's. Now to make it easier on users unfamiliar with dos and the syntax requirement, internal cmd's have a less strict protocol.

Having said all that, sfc/scannow will work as well as sfc /scannow, as will ipconfig/all and ipconfig /all. I still use the space, however it is not necessary for many of the more common cmd's.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice