1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quad Core CPU's

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GarethSmith, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GarethSmith

GarethSmith Thread Starter

After looking into going quad core there are two main processors I’m looking at, either the AMD Phenom 9600 or the Intel QX9650. The AMD is a 3.2 GHz per core and a cache of 1 MB per core and the Intel is a 3GHz per core and a cache of 3MB per core. My question is that would these processors be almost identical in speed when running my pc. (I don’t really use my comp that much at slight speed difference wouldn't matter too much) I ask as the AMD is price at only £160 - £170, and the Intel at £650 - £700, normally I take the idea of you get what you pay for, but at such a difference in price is it worth buying the Intel being that the AMD seems to me to be around the same level but for a hell of a lot cheaper.

Thanks for any help.

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

At te last count, I believe the phenom was suffering badly from underutilisation, which AMD havent fixed yet. In terms of performnce, a Q6600 s retty much as good as a 9 series, especially as it loves to overclock. for the difference in price, taking a 6600 at about £130 if you shop around, its y far the best bet i think :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700859

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice