Quake III: Arena problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

asbo

I cannot receive a response from the Master Server for Internet or Mplayer. I have tried starting the internet connection before I start Q3, but it does the same thing: No response from Master Server.

Can anyone help me here? Could it have to do with my CD-Key?

Help!!! :(

When you go into multiplayer, do you select internet, also make sure game type is set to all, show full set to on, show empty set to on.

asbo

I was up til 1 this morning fiddling with that thing and SOMETIMES it worked and SOMETIMES it didn't work. I cant figure it out. Every is set like brian told me to, but I just dont know. BTW, does anyone know how to:

a) Change the type of protocol you use and

b) Specify which weapons are allowed

Thanks!

The server specifies the weapons, nothing you can do unless it's running a mod with call vote enabled and you can change to different game types.

Protocol is based on which version of point release patch you have. Your version must be the same as the server version or you get kicked when you try and log on saying protocol 43/45/??? error

I haven't been playing lately just running a server so I don't know what the error is for the latest 1.30 point release, should be the same as the 1.29G I believe.

Try here for more info http://www.quake3world.com/forums/

Quake 3 uses different network protocols depending on the point release used.

Point release->Protocol:
1.16 -> 43
1.17 -> 45
1.2x -> 48

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/bgfaq.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online