1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

quake3

Discussion in 'Games' started by matich220, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. matich220

matich220 Thread Starter

I mesed up ihave tnt2 video card installed by a store and quake3 played great for a 6 monts then I heard about updating your drives and being the novice that i am i went to opengl.com and tried to update drivers , please dont ask me why,its beyond me. but now when i try to play it locks up at the very beginning when it asks for your password, if i even get that far. i have win 98 tanx for any help

2. McTimson

McTimson

Are other games messed up as well, or is it just Quake 3? I would try re-installing Quake, then trying it.

3. brianF

brianF

I think I would try to reinstall the nvidia drivers for your video card.
    www.nvidia.com

4. matich220

matich220 Thread Starter

yes i have tried reinstalling the game,same thing. Now to reinstall the drivers, do i just insert the cd that came with the card? somebody said i might have to reinstall win 98 what do you think? thankyou for any help

5. brianF

brianF

Just download and install the current drivers from nvidia, just select the download for win98, and run the executable to update your drivers. Nvidia uses a unified driver archetecture(sp) where the drivers for all cards and in one download, just select the win98 drivers

6. matich220

matich220 Thread Starter

thanx i will try that

7. coryashire

coryashire

when i go to instal quake 3 arena, i click install, and nothing happens. the autorun program disappears, and no installation starts.

is there any other way to install quake3 in XP, i have a computer with XP home, and one with XP professonal, and neither work.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115744

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice