1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quake4 problem, "incoverable error"???

Discussion in 'Games' started by dark_thoughts, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dark_thoughts

dark_thoughts Thread Starter

I've installed Quake 4 once before on my computer "ORIGINAL" copy and I copped a virus on my computer, I formated the Computer and i tried installing Quake 4 again but an error occured saying..

Executable "I:\setup\src\Quake4.exe" had the following uncoverable error:

Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\offce12\Grooveutil.DLL)

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Have you try update video drivers, update netframwork?

3. dark_thoughts

yea i updated my video driver, and my net framework is up to date but it still doesnt work, i downloaded the MSVCRO80.dll and the same problem occured including this as well..

Executable "I:\setup\src\Quake4.exe" had the following uncoverable error:

Couldn't find library MSVCR80.dll (required by c:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\offce12\Grooveutil.DLL)

untime Error!
    Program: I:\Setup\rsrc\Quake4.exe

R6034
    An Application has made an atttempt to load the C runtime library incorrectly. Please contacct the applications support team for more information.

ive lent my friend the game to see if it works on his computer....the games an original..so it shouldnt have any problems...

4. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

What operating system are you using? XP or Vista
    If your using Vista, try use the compatiblity mode as XP.

5. McTimson

McTimson

Do you have Windows Defender installed? It looks like people have had this problem when that program is installed, and they fixed it by uninstalling it.

6. dark_thoughts

sorry for the late reply,

ive heard back from my friend about quake4 and he said that there was no erros or any complications at all. it ran smoothly, i checked out my self, and yea it was true no problems at all..

wonder whats with my computer...

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651223

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice