Quality differences in PCMCIA 2.0 cards???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

taht

Does anyone know if there is quality differences in PCMCIA cards that connect into a slot on the notebook to increase from 1.1 to 2.0???

I have a Dynex that is connected to my Toshiba, intel pent 4, 512 RAM, 1.9ghz and I have a BenQ 162I external burner connected to one of the 2.0 USB hubs, I have had my burner for 3 months the Dynex is recognized, however i wondered if there is a way of testing the transfer speed to my burner?
I know laptops are slower in burning and I have talked to Toshiba and they suggested I call BenQ support for the external burner, BTW my firmware is all uptodate; but the burning time is taking a lot of time even in BenQ's support tech's opinion.
So the next thing I thought about was the card.

The reason this came to mind was that when I bought the Burner it was an open box sale and I ended up having to get it exchanged as it simply did not work properly and the Dynex card was an open box item too.

I asked the sales rep at the Future Shop if there were problems with either item and he said no.
Well it was quite the contrary for the burner and so now I am wondering about the Dynex card.

Any comments from anyone?
I have been told that the chips in all PC cards are the same and only 2 companies manufacture them and as long as it recognizes my Burner it is fine.The card was manufactured in Taiwan.

I am a Noob and would appreciate comments, Thankyou

A good way of checking the speed of your burner and even HDD is by using the latest version of Nero Burning ROM. In the main menu from the Start Smart window there is an advanced feature that will let you test the speed on your drives. You could use that. Also if you are running other programs in the background while burning... on laptops especially... will significantly reduce your burning speed. And you heard right, if your laptop detects your drive and can read a disk then its ok.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online