1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quality of second monitor on GTX-260

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dingo69, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dingo69

Dingo69 Thread Starter

I need some help to sort out my Dual monitors

I have the following setup:
    Gaming PC
    Intel E6850
    Asus PK5B Motherboard
    4Gb Ram
    Asus GTX-260 TOP
    Benq V2400W 24" monitor
    Windows XP

Home Server
    Ezio L557 17" monitor
    Compaq Evo dual core desktop
    Windows 2000

My gaming PC is connected direct to the Benq and run no issues

The problem isthe Ezio which ran through a switch, the switch is connect to the Compaq Evo PC and the second connection on the GTX-260.

When the switch is linked to the compaq the Eizo is clear and fine, then the switch is connected to the Gaming PC, the screen is darker and greenish.

I have played with the Nvida color, brightness and contrast setting but no good, obviously the setting on the monitor is ok as the picture is clear from the Compaq.

I have also installed the Eizo last drivers on the Gaming PC

Ideas?

2. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Sounds like there is a cable problem. Generally, a hueing of this type indicates a cable isnt connected properly. My second rig seems to suffer from it a lot, and generally pulling out the cables from monitor to rig and then back again will solve it. The 260 doesnt, as far as I can tell, have any probs, I have 3 monitors running from it, and they dont have a problem. If you have halfway boxes, try getting rid of them and connecting directly, interference or bad connections could be the problem here :)S

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/769266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice