1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quandry:Perform a Factory Restore with Broken Monitor

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Midean_ACER_5620, Nov 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midean_ACER_5620

Midean_ACER_5620 Thread Starter

The Problem:
    For the past 4 years I've been using an Extensa 5620 with Windows Vista. :)
    Nearly 2 years ago the display screen broke. :(
    I began using the external VGA port to replace the screen. :D
    Recently I got a virus which destryed my restore points and forced my computer to blue screen no matter how it booted. :mad:
    As a last resort, I did a factory reset using the alt+10 boot option. (n)
    I forgot that the external VGA port is not active until the computer is completely installed. :eek:
    My VGA is only active until the install screens reappear or if I boot into safe mode. :(
    If I boot into safe mode it won't let me continue until I finish the installation.:eek:

I need to be able to continue installation from safe mode, activate my external VGA port during installation, or have a screen by screen guide that will let me install without the video active then activate my video after install is complete. :confused:
    Any other solutions would be nice as well.:cool:

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  3. Midean_ACER_5620

Midean_ACER_5620 Thread Starter

I have a working screen, the external screen (removed from a dead desktop which the lap top repaced).
    I don't need two screens.
    I'm happy enough to work with the one and I'd rather not spend the money for a 2nd. Also the parts necessary in holing the screen to the laptop were damaged when removed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice