1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

quartz.dll error

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by renegade11, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. renegade11

renegade11 Thread Starter

Hi...I am trying to watch a live streaming sports event...whenever I try to play it via the webpage (it is imbedded) I get a crash and the error message says:

AppName: iexplore.exe ModVer : 6.5.2600.5596 AppVer: 7.0.6000.16705 Offset: 00004c488 ModName: quartz.dll

I have WMP 11 I have updated Direct X Files..it seems to have just started happening, yet it doesn't happen with videos on CNN or ESPN or other sites like that...youtube also works..any help would be great...Thanks

I am running windows XP nvidi graphics AMD Turion 64

2. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Please tell me what DirectX driver version do you have and then go to start > search > for files and folders and type quartz (with or without .dll, you choose) if it dousn't find the file named quartz.dll (or just quartz) that means that the file is missing, then i can provide you with a link for downloading.

3. renegade11

I am using DirectX 9.0c my quartz.d.. file is located in my windows/system32 folder it is version 6.05.2600.5596 but I had a newer version and it to did the same thing

4. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Fine, do you have quick time (quick time player) installed on your system? And did you have the newest drivers for DX 9.0c? if yes, how recent are they?

5. renegade11

I just installed the DirectX last night to see if that would correct the problem...I have QuickTime version 7.5.5

6. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

7. renegade11

I hve Firefox as well and tried to view the game via that after IE kept crashing...Firefox also crashed with the same error message

8. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Do you have an active video hardware acceleration?

9. renegade11

10. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

Try disabling it (not the NVidia display drivers manager or anything else but the video accelerator), but only if you're sure that you can enable it back.

11. renegade11

How do I do that? Thanks so much for all the help so far

12. bboy_cero

bboy_cero Banned

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice