1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Quattro Load Error

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by MountainMan4, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MountainMan4

MountainMan4 Thread Starter

Several days ago I got the following message when loading Quattro ver 9.
    "An attempt was made to access an unnamed file past its end."
    Clicking OK on that repeated the error a few times then the loading attempt died and dissappeared...bringing me back to my desktop.
    I tried uninstalling Quattro and reinstalling it but got the same message. Then I tried uninstalling all of WordPerfect Office 2000 (Including WordPerfect and Quattro) and reinstalling them both. I still got the same error in Quattro, but WordPerfect still seemed to function normally.
    I don't know if everything uninstalled that was necessary, but I assumed so. Can someone give me a clue as to how I might proceed so that I can have my Quattro back?

2. tbritches

tbritches

From the Corel kb:

This happens when one of the Quattro® Pro 9 toolbar files (QP_EN_*.CFG) becomes corrupt. To resolve this issue, rename the corrupt toolbar file. To do this, follow the instructions below:

To rename the .CFG files:

1. Go to Start | Find (or Search) | (For) Files or Folders.
    2. Type in "QP*.CFG", without quotes, in the Named or "Search for files or folders named" text box.
    3. Select the hard drive that Quattro Pro 9 is installed on, or Local Hard Drives if that option is available, from the Look In dropdown menu.
    4. Click Find (Search) Now.
    5. Right click on the first file that was found, and select Rename.
    6. Hit the Right Arrow key on the keyboard to place the flashing cursor at the end of the filename.
    7. Delete the letters CFG and type in BUF. Hit Enter.
    8. Repeat steps 5-7 for each file that was found.
    9. Close the Find or Search window and retry Quattro Pro 9.

Please note that the .CFG files contain toolbar, menu, and keyboard settings for Quattro Pro 9. Any customizations to those items would have to be recreated if the .CFG files are renamed.

Hope this helps

3. MountainMan4

MountainMan4 Thread Starter

I bow to you, tbritches. Problem solved. Many thanks!

4. tbritches

tbritches

You're quite welcome.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222993

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice