1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

QuattroPro 7 compatible with Windows XP???

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by DerangedDad, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DerangedDad

DerangedDad Thread Starter

I've been told that QuattroPro 7 CANNOT be loaded onto a computer that is running Windows XP. Is there something in the program that makes it incompatible or causes errors? I would like some feedback before I try to load it. Thanks, Rob

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi Dad. I've looked around quite a bit. It appears that Quattro Pro 7 was a part of the Corel Wordperfect 7 Suite and not a stand-alone application. So I restarted the search, LOL. Here's what I found:

This one says nope to NT systems. Windows XP Pro is an NT system; I'm not sure about Home version.
    http://kb.corel.com/kbdocs/cws7032/CWSWIN70/CWSWIN70_205724.htm

However, a thorough review of the Corel site reveals nothing about issues. Does this mean it won't work? No. I cannot help but think if there were serious ramification, that they wouldn't have some article about it.

Windows XP is pretty cool, especially Pro, and will take good care of you. But it'd be a good idea to back up your registry first.

3. Grain Broker

Grain Broker

I am having the exact same problems you are loading the Quattro Pro 7 using XP Home Edition on my laptop. I have laded it and un-installed it twice and I have still not been able to make the program work properly. The problem seems to be once the program is open I can not access any of the drop down menu's like "File." I have given up on loading it as I can not make it work either.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112396

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice