Question about 3D players/TVs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

namenotfound

Something I don't understand, I have a 3D DVD (Coraline) that comes with the purple and green glasses.

HOW is having a 3D blu-ray player, a 3D disc, and a 3D TV, any different than the purple and green (or red and blue) variety? I don't get what the benefits are...

With a green/purple (or red/blue) movie+cheap cardboard glasses, I can watch the 3D movie using any player and any TV I may own. So what is so special about these "3D" movies that require a 3D player and 3D TV?

namenotfound

I read everything on that page, it's just discussing the differences between how the two work. I wanted to know the benefit of using one vs. the other.

me said:
I don't get what the benefits are...
The only thing that comes close on that page is

duke_of_urls (on that site) said:
The better method uses polarized lenses. Light does not go through polarized lenses arranged at 90 degree angles to each other.
But that doesn't explain why it's "better" - it just says that it is.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!