1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about a Olympus D-320L

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Rauldinho, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rauldinho

Rauldinho Thread Starter

Hello, i just found my old and dusty camera olympus D-320L, i know it's really old, but as i remember it worked. So i got the camera and i got a 8mb smartmedia memory card,and also the 4 batteries needed for the camera to work :cool: . The problem is that when i slide the cover the INDICATOR LED keeps flashing and doesn't stop (but not the memory card error by the way) . I look in the manual and it says that when this happens it's because the flash is charging, but it keeps doing this for loooong and i can't get any picture taken because of this. But when i deactivate the flash mode i can take pictures, so the problem is with the flash, can anyone give me a clue what should i do? Thanks for any answer i may get (y)

P.D: The manual says something about using only 3.3v memory cards and the one i got says only 3v, could that be the problem?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

It could be that the batteries will just not allow the flash to charge, as one may be faulty (unable to deliver the current)?

Presumably you have tried that by now.

If the flash circuitry is faulty, then it may prevent the camera from getting to the "ready" state in theory. No cure other than repair, and repair could be uneconomic.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice