1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about a Windows Update...help please?!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Trtlgrl2_78, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Trtlgrl2_78

Trtlgrl2_78 Thread Starter

Hi, I went to intall the latest updates that my computer is ready to install, and it's something Service Pack 2, but before installing it says to Back up your System...How do I do that? I canceled the installation until I can figure that out....can anyone help me? I hope I didn't mess it up by canceling the installation. Thanks in advance!

2. mhadi

mhadi

Hi,
    I think its not saying you to backup it is saying
    "Backing up files" by itself!!
    if this is not the condtion please post complete message
    mhadi

3. Trtlgrl2_78

This is what pops up on my screen.....do I have to back it up? What happens if I don't?

Attached Files:

4. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 Before downloading SP2 please follow this link to make sure you do not have any programs aboard that will conflict with SP2 . If you do find a conflicting program , look for an update for yours ,or remove the program , or delay downloading SP2 . Research some of the problems / cures others have had . There are also many who have never had any trouble with SP2 . If you do decide to use it and do have trouble Go to add / remove and use the remove feature .

5. mhadi

mhadi

It only reccomends if you dont have such critical data No need to worry :D
    hope this will help
    mhadi

6. mhadi

mhadi

Dust sailor is more accurate

7. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

There are many techs on this forum that are not downloading SP2 for a while because they see many that are having serious problems . It might be wise to wait a month or so and see what Microsoft will come out with , if anything , to fix the problem .

8. mhadi

mhadi

Surely I got problem with my windows installer
    wasted 2 days upon it
    and formatted then reinstalled(client requirements!! :( )

9. Trtlgrl2_78

Thanks for the info, I will check out the link, but probably wait on installing it. I don't want to risk it if there are problems....

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice