Question about a Windows Update...help please?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trtlgrl2_78

Hi, I went to intall the latest updates that my computer is ready to install, and it's something Service Pack 2, but before installing it says to Back up your System...How do I do that? I canceled the installation until I can figure that out....can anyone help me? I hope I didn't mess it up by canceling the installation. Thanks in advance!

Hi,
I think its not saying you to backup it is saying
"Backing up files" by itself!!
if this is not the condtion please post complete message
mhadi

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=884130&product=windowsxpsp2 Before downloading SP2 please follow this link to make sure you do not have any programs aboard that will conflict with SP2 . If you do find a conflicting program , look for an update for yours ,or remove the program , or delay downloading SP2 . Research some of the problems / cures others have had . There are also many who have never had any trouble with SP2 . If you do decide to use it and do have trouble Go to add / remove and use the remove feature .

It only reccomends if you dont have such critical data No need to worry :D
hope this will help
mhadi

There are many techs on this forum that are not downloading SP2 for a while because they see many that are having serious problems . It might be wise to wait a month or so and see what Microsoft will come out with , if anything , to fix the problem .

Surely I got problem with my windows installer
wasted 2 days upon it
and formatted then reinstalled(client requirements!! :( )

Trtlgrl2_78

Thanks for the info, I will check out the link, but probably wait on installing it. I don't want to risk it if there are problems....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online