Question about changing color & screen size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

laura14253

Hello.
I have a monitor from 1999, so I know it can get 256 colors, and 800x600, which is what i'm trying to change it to. It's on 16 colors and 640 x whatever now but when i go to change it it says "restart first," like it does, but when i restart it everything stays the same.
Can anyone help please?
Laura

The limitation could be caused by not having the correct video drivers for the video card loaded on the PC (nothing to do with the actual monitor) so its limping along with the basic Windows default.

Hence unable to effect a permanent change.

laura, Welcome to TSG.
Go here:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en
download, install, and run Everist Home Edition(free).
You will find the make and model of your video card in the Display-Windows Video heading. It should provide a web link to get updated drivers. Read the directions and if you have any questions, feel free to post back to this thread. One or more of these fine folks will help you out. Good luck.

I told you the wrong place to look. Look under the Display-GPU for your vid card. Sorry.

laura14253

I could get it to work before, with the original monitor (long story, but I'm on my 4th one now, but with the 1st and 2nd monitors it worked, and I didn't try the 3rd.)
I forgot to mention that...sorry...but it did work before.

laura, did you try checking the box to apply color changes now, without restart?
And what is the make/model of the monitor?

laura14253

brendandonhu said:
Also, is there some underlying problem that's caused you to go through four monitors?
haha i'm prone to breaking things in any way possible.

Junker: every time i try to change it, it won't let me change without restarting. And the monitor is a Proview, model 570, made in 1999. Maybe it's not the monitor because the 3rd one I had, I tried to change the color once & it didn't work. But it changed on the 1st & 2nd... :confused:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts