1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about core i7 5600U 2.6 GHz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Patkinwings, Apr 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patkinwings

Patkinwings It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hey guys just wondering about this processor and how relevant it is today and how it compares with all the others that have come out in the 3 or 4 years since this thing has been around. I really don't know much about these or what the difference is. I just ordered a Lenovo x1 carbon 3rd gen and I'm trying to just learn some web development basics starting on HTML javascript and going from there. I also want to do video and photo editing I'm just wondering how this processor will handle. I know there have been a lot of core i7s since this one came out and I'm wondering if this is dated and has no comparison to what can be purchased at a consumer level today.

I appreciate any info.

Thanks
    Patkinwings

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The Intel Core i7-5600U 2.60 GHz is a 5th generation processor which has an Intel HD Graphics 5500 integrated graphics device.

cpu.JPG gpu.JPG

Besides the above described processor and graphics device, that model laptop also comes with 8 GB of DDR3-1600 RAM.

It'll handle normal computing functions just fine, but I'm not sure how well it'll handle video/photo editing.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226360

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice