1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about cyberlink Power DVD

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by laurfar, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

On my new computer, with winXP, that I just got from Gateway there seems to be a program called Cyberlink Power DVD version 6.0 already on my system. When I put a CD with music in, it shows this little radio picture which seems to be the control for the program. I want to listen to music while working on my PC. Is there a way to diminish the little radio so that it doesn't show on my screen, so that I can listen to the music and see what I'm doing on the screen with Quickbooks. Help if you can. Thanks

2. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Oh!! Just figured out how to get rid of the little radio that is on my screen and still here the music. Now what I don't get is when I play the music it automatically goes into a full screen black with weird light patterns. Don't want all that, just want to hear the music and not see anything visually. Any thoughts?

3. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD

Dear Laurfar,

When the disc starts to play try minimising (click the "-" in the top left hand corner of the screen"). You might then be left with another small box which has the counter in it, minimise this screen also. The programme will still be open, but the details will appear on the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen. You should then be able to listen to the music whilst using another programme.

Best Wishes,

Red Cloud

4. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

that is the problem, there is no little boxes in the right hand corner that allow me to diminish or shut the background off. If it had that it wouldn't be a problem. It is just a full screen picture with their logo, and a woman's face on it and no option to diminish.

5. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD

Laurfar,

You mentioned that you have discovered how to get rid of the "Radio". When you are playing the disk and have a completely full screen of "weird patterns", right click somewhere in the screen and see if a drop down menu appears. If it does left click on "Full Screen" and the screen should reduce in size and the Minimise and Maximise buttons should be visible.

I have version 6.0 and the above procedure worked O.K. on mine.

Best Wishes,

Red Cloud

6. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Red Cloud,
    Thanks that does work. Do I have to do that each time? I guess so. I thought there might be a way to "configure" it to not have to deal with it each time. Please tell me what you use your Cyberlink Power DVD for? I don't even know why I have this program. I have a brand new PC from Gateway, and I think it might have come preloaded on it. I have a DVD player/burner and think it may have come with the PC. I'm not sure if I even like it. What is it for? If I dump it, will I need it sometime to play a DVD? What do you think?

7. RED CLOUD

RED CLOUD

Dear Laurfar,

I have to confess that I do not actually use PowerDVD !! Like you it came pre-loaded on my P.C. when I purchased it. To play my media I use Windows Media Player version 9, version 10 is available but on the TSG site I have noticed that some people have had a problem with this version so I have not bothered to upgrade.

If you do not want to use PowerDVD I suggest that you still leave it installed on your P.C. as a back up for any other player you choose to use as your main one.

Best Wishes,

Red Cloud

8. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Thanks, I totally agree.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437392

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice