1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question about DHTML Menu Builder - dropdown mouseover

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by Tarantulas, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarantulas

Tarantulas Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like to add a mouseover dropdown menu on my website, so I have the Coffee Cup DHTML Menu Builder 1.0, Can anyone tell me if this type of menu is compatible with major browsers, IE and Netscape? and what will happen if someone views it from an incompatible browser.
    Also, The DHTML Menu uses absolute position. Meaning, it's told where to be pixel by pixel. You cannot achieve 'relative' positioning, meaning the menu moves to a certain spot depending on how large the users browser window/screen resolution is. You also cannot place the DHTML Menu in a table cell.

So I guess my question is, is that if I set the menu to be, for instance, 150 pixels down from the top, will it appear that way for everyone, I guess I am saying that I do not want it to be in the wrong place on someone elses browser, let's say for instance blocking a pic or text that I have on the page. (i hope that makes sense). I would appreciate any help.

Take Care, Dean

2. Big-K

Big-K

I'm pretty sure that dhtml is proprietry code

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice