1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Question About Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by putterplace, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. putterplace

putterplace Thread Starter

I have 2 PCs which are EXACTLY alike (hardware-wise). One of them began to have problems with the OS, so I reformatted that hard drive, and reinstalled Windows XP Home Edition onto it.

My problem is that upon doing so, the drivers for my some of my system's components are no longer there. I was wondering if there was a way that I could get the drivers from my working computer, and copy them to a CD so that I could install these on my newly formatted disk.

I no longer have the drivers CDs, which is why I was wondering where on my other computer are the drivers for the hardware located?

Thank in advance for any advice you have.

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

You can download the drivers from the manufacturer . . and you will have the newest ones. I feel that installing old drivers on a fresh installation is like taking a shower and putting your dirty underwear back on

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Device Manager - right click on the device of interest - Properties - Driver tab - Driver Details gives the path and file name of the driver(s).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489460

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice