1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

question about formating

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Demah, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Demah

Demah Thread Starter

is there such a thing as too much formating? I format my hard drive every 2 month or so and a friend of mine said that its bad to format a hard drive too much!

2. spaceman_333

spaceman_333

Hi Demah,

My only question is: Why do you format it every 2 months?

SM

3. memmiller

memmiller It's My Birthday!

Are you a gamer or do you just download till it won't work anymore?? Anyway, in response to your post, if you format every 2 months depending on the hard drive it self you might want to think about low level formatting it every now and again to totally erase the disk and really start clean. To do this you can use some software that the hard drive manfucturer can supply in most cases.

4. Demah

Demah Thread Starter

I format alot because I screw my computer up alot!

5. slipe

slipe

You really need to discover Ghost or Drive Image.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119618

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice