Question about free web counters for websites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mike_aka

hey

i have a website and have been experimenting with different free web counters.

what i really want is a hit counter that will detect every visitors ip address and subsequently be able to give the number of different ip addresses that have visited my site.

in short i would like to know how many different people have visited by using the ip addresses, since other counters i hvae tried that use cookies have been inaccurate.

do you know any good sites where i could find such a counter for free?

thanks a lot

Mike :)

Here is an excellent free service at Terra Firma Scripts . They will provide the information you're seeking and it is all gratis. Plus, the 'counter' can be visible or invisible. In other words, you do not have to advertise them.

mike_aka

thanks a lot for the help, but i'm afraid i tried that counter and it still used a cookie system to count hits, so when i deleted cookies and visited again it counted me as a new visitor.

I'm looking for a coutner that keeps a count of different ip addresses?

Thanks again

Mike

educate me please :(

There is another way to track visitors without using cookies?
Please tell me more or what terms to Google for

thanks
:)

mike_aka thanks a lot for the help, but i'm afraid i tried that counter and it still used a cookie system to count hits, so when i deleted cookies and visited again it counted me as a new visitor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online